Friday, December 15, 2017

How 'bout today?

So far, so good.

Streak Day #5

Up and early this morning to get couple of miles in.  Still too cold for my liking to go outside, but at some point it'd be good to get off of the dreadmill. We're supposed to have a few days in the 40s next week, so maybe then.

Are you good to go when it's cold or windy?  How 'bout running in the snow and ice? How about your shoes?  I know Ab has a few. What about you, Soni?  I don't normally use more than one pair at a time. I find something I like and stick with it. I'm on my second pair of Saucony Guide 9s and have started to look for another pair.

I saw this list on run streaks the other day.

The benefits of a running streak?
  • Getting in to a routine
  • Pushing through mental barriers
  • Crushing invalid excuses about time, energy, life
  • It can increase motivation
  • It leads to other good habits
  • More chances to improve
  • No new special equipment needed
  • You’ll learn to adapt to different situations
  •  
 It all sounds pretty good to me. Here's a quote from  Amy Lawrenson, Beauty and Fitness Editor at Women's Health, who finished a 500-day run streak in 2014.

"Usually I would do a few one-milers per week and a couple of longer runs. In the end jogging that mile around my block became so easy that it was like a rest day. It just became a habitual part of my day, like brushing my teeth."

Yup, just like brushing your teeth. Easy peasy.   Remind me about this one I reach 50 days in a row.

Have a great weekend #AllanNation.  #KeepGrinding

1 comment:

Put your comments here.

Tuesday Thoughts

So, yeah.  Starting with Dec. 11, 2017, it's been 834 consecutive days with a run of at least a mile. 2 years, 3 months, 13 days  ...