Thursday, December 14, 2017

We're Streaking | Day #3 and #4

Daisy on a walk this
afternoon (post workout).
Photo's blurry 'cause
she was hustling.
My Canadian math tells me that if you ran today, congratulations are in order 'cause you've completed 4% of our goal!

So what's the deal with streaks?  Why are people drawn to them? What's the significance? In our case, given that it's just us, I guess it's just a fun thing we can share.  We have this common interest - running and it's something we can do together.  Like if we went golfing together, if we were avid golfers. Or made it a goal to ski the Bugaboos together. If we were avid skiers.  Maybe if we were avid hikers we hike the Bright Angel Trail of the Grand Canyon (almost). But then two members of the group would barely make it out. Sorry.

So #AllanNation EARC Secret Run Streak it is.

But I don't know that what we're attempting to do is all that unual. It is for us, for sure. I don't think I've ever ran more than six or seven days in a row. Others do it though. I think many runners participate in the Runners World Run Streak, which lasts 40 days and goes from Thanksgiving 'til New Year's Day.  Here's the LINK. Maybe we should have started with that.  Oh well. There's always next year!!!!!!

We have a home men's hockey game tomorrow night, so going to have to get creative on timing for the run.  Maybe at lunch.  Or if I can get up that early, do the 4:00 a.m. treaddy with Lori at Planet Fitness.  And, by the way, at some point I've gotta get back outside. A bit of a dilemma, of course, due to the fact that I don't like running in the cold. Maybe it would have been a better idea to have started this streak in the spring.  Damn you spur of the moment decisions!

And I've gotta get some new headphones. In the past six months I've sweated through a couple of pairs of Iphone ear buds and a cheap blue tooth head set I bought at TJ Maxx.

How's it going???

#KeepGrinding #AllanNation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your comments here.

Tuesday Thoughts

So, yeah.  Starting with Dec. 11, 2017, it's been 834 consecutive days with a run of at least a mile. 2 years, 3 months, 13 days  ...