Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 69

O.K.  So we've been informed that today is #69 for us still standing in the the #AllanNation Secret Run Streak.

That's a great number for a couple of reasons.
1. A pair of former NHLers used to wear #69. Mel Angelstad (Washington in 2004) and Andrew Desjardins (San Jose in 2011 and 2012).

2. It's Norma's favourite number.

3. Only 31 more days to go!

Let's take our temperature (which by the way literally stands a balmy 34 degrees in Eagle Lake, Minnesota).  So far, so good, I think.  After battling through a cold (at least I think it was a cold.  Might have been the flu), which consisted mostly of an upper respiratory condition that lasted for about a month, not feeling too bad.  Hanging in there and I think my body is getting used to the routine.

It's been interesting though.

Having gone through training plans for several half marathons and a marathon, where at times I was putting in 30 miles on a weekly basis, I'm now pretty comfortable settling in on 10-20 miles a week.

I think because of the need to get in at least one mile a day, sometimes that's all the time I literally have time for.  A mile. But a mile, when you're feeling shitty and the weather is brutal outside is still a challenge. When it's all said and done we'll go back and see how many times we ran inside, but even when it's below zero, providing you dress appropriately, it's still way better than trudging along on a dreadmill.  That's part of the deal - even if I wanted to run more miles on a weekly basis.  It's gotten to the point where I don't think I can run more than three miles on that wheel of boredom.

Here's a story from Runner's World I read on running on a treadmill.  It was supposed to help me. It didn't.

In any event, about a month left.  So far I've been able to get the runs in. Working them in around my work schedule, which has included 12 days in Alaska and a trip to Alabama.

Hope you have been, too.

 #KeepGrindin #SkinnyBadassAllans



No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your comments here.

Tuesday Thoughts

So, yeah.  Starting with Dec. 11, 2017, it's been 834 consecutive days with a run of at least a mile. 2 years, 3 months, 13 days  ...