Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Boxing Day - The Raven

The Raven began his run streak in
in 1975
Today, Boxing Day 2017, is the 15th day of #AllanNation EARC Secret Run Streak.

We're currently going through a cold snap.  -10 in the Cowtown. -6 in Eagle Lake. -18 in Stoughton. It's 66 degrees in Phoenix and 15 degrees in Flagstaff. I haven't heard from Soni in a few days, but know that Ab has been running outside in Arizona.

So, it begs the question - how bad does the weather have to be so that you refuse to go outside to run?  For me, as I've aged and gotten softer, I think once it gets in the 20s or if its too windy, it's unlikely that I'll be venturing outside to run. I think maybe if I got some kicks that would allow me to run without the possibility of falling on my ass, then it would be more likely I'd get out there.

For some people, the truly committed, weather won't get in the way.  Witness, for example, the Raven, who has taken an eight-mile run on Miami Beach every day since Jan. 1, 1975.  Here's another story on him (there's several if you look for him on google).

You go, Raven.

For me - a mile on Christmas day on the treaddy at Rich & Mary Jo's it is. And a few miles here tonight in a bit at Planet Fitness.

Only 85 more days to go. 

#KeepGrinding #AllanNation





No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your comments here.

Tuesday Thoughts

So, yeah.  Starting with Dec. 11, 2017, it's been 834 consecutive days with a run of at least a mile. 2 years, 3 months, 13 days  ...